Thursday, November 24

Homemade Hot Cocoa

Anyone who lives in the Maritimes will be cursing me...I'm about a day too late with this recipe! I'm sorry!! But luckily its only the FIRST snow of winter, and there will be lots more where that came from. I found this recipe written on a post-it in my recipe binder, and quickly pulled it out when Tyler and Charlee were outside playing and I realized....we ran out of Hot Chocolate!Crisis Averted.

Nothing says I Love You like a mug of Hot Chocolate after an afternoon in the Snow.
Homemade Hot Chocolate (single serving)

1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 c Milk
bit of vanilla

Heat cocoa, sugar and water in a pot for 2 minutes on low heat. Until the sugar and cocoa are dissolved.
Chocolately Goodness
Add Milk (I had some cream in the fridge so I added about 1/4 c of that to add some richness) heat to desired temperature. Add vanilla and Marshmallows just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment