Tuesday, December 13

Christmas Crafting: Cork Tree

Only 12 more sleeps till the Big Guy in red makes his big visit,  12!! I don't know where the time went but holy mackerel it doesn't feel like Christmas. I'm finding it really hard to get into the Christmas spirit this year, my place isn't nearly as festive and there weren't many Christmas crafts done this year either. Pretty sure the lack of snow and +10 weather has something to do with that for me personally. I'M NOT COMPLAINING!! I like not having to shovel my car out, or spend 15 minutes bundling Charlee to go to the grocery store. But a little snow cover for Christmas wouldn't hurt, would it?

Today I had a free day to catch up on laundry, cleaning and BLOGGING! <3  As I was scrolling through the blogs I follow I came across the cutest Christmas craft that literally made my chin drop. A CORK TREE!!! I have had a vase full of corks sitting on top of my wine rack waiting to be used for something this cute.

So easy and a perfect little addition to any wine lovers gift! The idea came from the Stonewall Kitchen Website, my kind of website!!  It was one of their Holiday Tips of the Day. Be sure to take a look at the other tips, they are all great.




Here is my first cork tree for my house, Im sure there will be more to come.
Instead of using a small piece of tree I glued 4 corks together to form a base for it to sit on. I also liked the look of it without the base. If you don't have enough corks to create one of these you have 2 options...You can buy a bag of corks at the "Bottle Your Own Wine" store for $5. Option #2 ....Drink Up!  I like #2, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment