Thursday, May 17

Baby Shower: About to *Pop*

One of the projects I've been working on these days is a Baby Shower for friends of mine and Tyler's. Annabelle is due August 6th (the day after Charlee's Birthday!!) and on June 2nd we will Celebrate her and her baby bump!

Baby Showers are always so fun and cheerful, I love planning them! I have only hosted one other one, a boy shower, and this time I get to do a girly shower. Check out the Polka Dot Shower Ash and I did for our Bestie J this time last year, here! While researching for the shower, there was one theme that kept popping out at me.

I have just started crafting and working on things but (of course!) I do have a pintrest board with some About to Pop Baby Shower ideas I'd like to share with you.

Baby Shower: About to Pop Pintrest Board

So I have been shopping and if you've ever seen or attended any of my parties you know we like to do it on a budget here. Buy a few key things and make everything else, and of course recycle from previous parties. Here's my shopping so far!




Round Paper Plates make a great backdrop to a gift or dessert table.
24 Plates: $2 Dollarama

Scrapbook Paper makes great garland, cut into circles and glued to ribbon. You can make them to fit perfectly with your theme. Perfect thing to do with the kids as well, I let Charlee cut some of the circles I traced.
Ribbon 2 rolls clearance at Walmart 0.75 each
Scrapbook Paper had on hand but you can get 100 sheets for $9.99 at walmart

Ceiling Decor. Get rectangular plastic table cloths in as many colors as you like to create a perfect addition to any party room. See my pintrest board for pictures and Instructions
Plastic Table Cloth: $1 each at Dollarama
Balloons: pack of 10 for $1 at Dollarama 

Supplies for the Bow Making Station. Instead of playing a bunch of silly games, I figured we'd do a cute craft. DIY Bows for the baby girl. Still need to get to Sally Beauty and pick up some Alligator Clips.
From Dollarama for $1:
roll of pattern ribbon
flower embellishments
pack of 6 colors of ribbon
Glitter Embellishments: $1.49each Clearance at Michael's
Random Buttons from around the house
Paper PomPoms, in 3 colors.
1 pack tissue paper $1 Dollarama (1 pack makes 1 whole pompom and 1 half mini)

This was  my one "cheat" purchase. 30 cutouts for $9.97 at GlowParties
Butterflies, Mom to Be's, Duckies and Letters to spell out Baby.

UPDATED!!
I've been a little slack getting the update posted, I was having major writers block AND (major Blogger Faux Pas) I forgot to take pictures of everything once it was set up. I was sad, but even more sad now that I'm trying to finish the post. Boo! :( Anyway it is what it is...so here's what it was!

Menu:
POPcorn Buffet, which was cleaned out!
-I remade the Jello Popcorn recipe using Cherry Jello this time...HUGE HIT! You can find the recipe linky HERE
-Of course there was regular butter popcorn with 2 choices for seasoning, Cheddar and Dill Pickle.
-And I purchased a giant bag of Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn, which was THE favorite with all the ladies at the shower.

-Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl (of course!) The most POPular at Parties

-Instead of going for one fruit tray I did various fruit platters for the fruit...some of which I cut into hearts and flowers. For a little extra touch I dipped some of the pineapple shapes in chocolate, DELISH.

-Bubblegum Flavored Bre's Cupcakes PICTURE LINKY

-Marshmallow *POPS*

For the Favors I had a tray of popular POPPING treats with little bags to fill as you pleased.
Bazooka Joe Bubblegum
Old School Bazooka Joe (With the comics!!)
Vase of gumballs
Tootsie POPS
Poprocks
Ring Pops

Activities:

We played 1 game, the Left Right Game. This game is great when your shower has attendees from all age groups, no crazy racing or making a fool of yourself just listening and winning!

I also had everyone write wishes for Baby Lily on cards I had made up. Annabelle is doing a scrapbook and I thought it might be a cute addition.  I just used Blank Printable Business Cards, opened up the template in my Word Processor and wrote "I hope you..." on the top and "Love:" on the bottom, easy peasy and so cute.

We did have the Bow Making Station, which everyone thought was adorable, but you have to keep in mind not everyone finds crafting as much fun as you or I. We let everyone do the bows then the girls and I finished off the rest for Lily. Hope she born with lots of hair! Here are a couple pictures from the Bow Making Station.







Overall it was a good day, the Mommy to be got so many great gifts and got to relax and enjoy the company of her Family. I'm so thankful I could throw this shower for Annabelle, Kyle and Baby Lily <3

Here are a few random pictures I did manage to snap
The paper garland looked great in the window.
I really liked how the plated looked, they were great and easy on the pocketbook!

The Mommy To Be and her Besties.

No comments:

Post a Comment