Tuesday, June 12

Homemade Mac & Cheese

Recently we received a call from our TV Provider saying we were eligible for 2 free add on packages. Thank Goodness I answered the phone and not Hubby!! Naturally I opted for the package with the Food and DIY network, any woman would. In case you don't know already, watching the Food Network at 8pm is never a good idea. Anyway  last night we were watching Diners Drive Ins and Dives....always a bad idea for your arteries. This one restaurant served up Ribs with homemade Mac and Cheese....what did I make for Supper you ask? Ribs with Homemade Mac and Cheese :)

Regular ole Mac and Cheese is something I have never made before so I didn't have a go to recipe, so I went on the hunt. Finding a new recipe for me is a chore, I have to read all the ingredients to at least 3 recipes then I choose which one I like, and have all the ingredients for. Next Step, decide what Im going to change (because heaven forbid I follow a recipe)....you can see where this is going right....lengthy process. Anyway I had to do that today for the Mac and Cheese and I must say...success. I will definitely make this recipe again, and when I decide that I have to share.
When your using a recipe off the net, do you write the recipe down or just bring the computer to the kitchen? I'm old school, I need to write it down. If I like it I add it to my recipe binder.

Homemade Mac & Cheese

1 Box of Pasta of your Choice (I used shells...yes for Macaroni and Cheese I used Shells)
1 tbsp Butter
6 oz evaporated Milk (I used regular milk)
6 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I added a bit of Parm as well)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dry mustard (I used 1/2 tsp, not a fan of the dry mustard in things but a little does help the flavor)
1/4 tsp chili pepper (I used a pinch of chili flakes)
S&P

Cook pasta according to the box directions, less one minute. Drain and put back into the pot.

Over Med-Low Heat, add butter and stir until melted

Mix egg, milk and spices into pasta. Stir until thickens a bit (3-5 minutes)

Remove the pan from heat, add cheese in 4 batches making sure the first is completely melted before adding the next,

Serve Immediately and Enjoy!

We served ours up along side Slow Cooker Ribs tonight, but it could be a great Main as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment