Tuesday, July 10

SAHM No Longer

So lately I've been suuppeer slack with the blogging! Pretty much since the beginning of 2012, I'm awful! It has been a very busy and exciting year for us so far, with lots of things to keep me extra busy. House, Puppy, and now I'm going back to work!! Finally! For the past 5 years I've been a SAHM, raising my little Princess, and now that she'll be starting school in September that's all changing.

The past couple days have been very stressful (for Charlee and myself) but any big change tends to have that effect on me, and unfortunately I  have passed my "stressing out" gene on. Sunday was my freak out day, worrying about Charlee going to a new room at her preschool and being there all day, meeting new friends and fitting in. Its the same preschool she's gone to since September and we were lucky enough to get her in the room with the same teacher she's had since September too. (and yet I still stress, oy vei!) Then myself meeting and getting to know new co-workers and lets face it....fitting in. Of course Monday was fine, just had one minor upset in the morning with dropping her off at Pre-School, for both of us. Thank-Goodness for her amazing PreSchool teacher Miss Carolyn, although I left teary eyed, I knew I didn't need to stress about her because she was in great hands.

My Monday was great too! We were visiting the suppliers for the restaurant, very interesting, and it was great to get to know people a little better and in a social atmosphere rather than at work. Ok I guess I should back track a bit...So if you didn't know already I'm a Cook by trade, went to NSCC took cooking, worked for 2 years then had Charlee. Within the past 2 years I was starting to get bored....very very bored...So I thought that maybe I would go back to school and do something else. I looked numerous times at online courses, courses offered at NSCC here in the city, and nothing seemed better than the certificate I already have. So I gave up on the school, I guess I was meant to cook.

One day while driving Binks to PreSchool I saw a sign that the old Bakery directly across the road was being renovated into a restaurant and they were hiring. So naturally I went home, Looked them up on Facebook, which you should do right now...Edible Matters.....make sure you "like" them to get all the wicked awesome updates! Edible Matters in a nutshell Cafe/Catering and Pantry; Everything made from scratch, as much local as possible, amazing people! Amazing concept, great location! So I applied, and after 2 nerve racking interviews I got a job! A real life grown-up job. I was am so excited. So last week we had orientation met all the big bosses and did a tour of the restaurant (which is still undergoing some finishing touches), then Yesterday we went to see some of the local suppliers for the restaurant. FIELD TRIP!! Was a great time getting to know people and learning where the product we'll be working with is coming from, also got a killer burn. This Cook is Cooked.

So all in all its been a busy, and exciting little bit around here. I'm very sad to give up the SAHM title, but happy to take back my "Cook" title. Excited to start a new Chapter in my life :)

1 comment:

  1. Mom is extremely proud of you!! Lots of changes in your young life but it will all work out in the end and if it does not you also have the adapt gene!! Love You and keep up the good work!! xo

    ReplyDelete