Thursday, October 13

Halloween Tips {w/ printables link}

Yesterday Charlee and I started decorating for Halloween, I say started because we have quite a bi of work and usually spread it out over a couple days. Halloween is pretty big in our house, every year we throw a Halloween party. (surprise surprise!)  And every year I try and add a few more things to our decor, to make it a little bit better. As I was searching for new ideas this year I came across a few things I bookmarked, so I decided to share them with all of you!


Our Halloween Center Piece. Something thats always out in my house, my cake dome. Couple of gourds, some ants and plastic bones out of a graveyard set.


Kraft Halloween Central
Free Fall Printables!
Halloween Cupcake Toppers
Free Halloween Printables
Last year I added a really cheap and easy DIY decoration, that I liked so much I think I'll be making more of this year. Not exactly sure what you would call it but it makes a great creepy decor for the ceiling. Stain cheese cloth in tea and stretch cut and hang it up. So easy!  and you can get Cheese cloth at the dollar store, and tea if you don't have it in the house already.

Step 1: Fill your kitchen sink or a bucket with warm water and 5 (ish) teabags, swirl them around and let them "steep".
Step2: Open your cheese cloth, and unfold it. Chuck it in the sink and let it sit for half hour or so., the longer you leave it the darker your stain will be.
Step 3: Ring it out and let dry over you deck, or a chair. When it's dry cut some holes and make it look really raggity. Voila! Some spooky ceiling decor!
Great for in doorways, or over lamps and curtain rods. This would also make a great table overlay, just drape it anywhere to add a bit of Halloween to any part of your house.


No comments:

Post a Comment