Tuesday, October 25

Last Minute Halloween Tips

I'm still alive!! Been a little MIA lately, busy getting ready for Halloween and the Halloween Party. So I've returned with a few more tips, starting with the ones straight from the house of Bre.

I noticed this year a lot of black spider webs, being used around businesses to decorate. I thought they looked great, so I went to the dollar store and took a look around and there they were. These (annoying) spider webs make the greatest decor, they can be really difficult to work with but they are worth it.
 
I have it EVERYWHERE!!


 Another great tip is to make all the pictures in your house crooked, as annoying as it is, it looks cool. You could also use the cheese cloth tip I gave in my first Halloween Post, and cover the crooked pictures up like in an abandoned house.

The Bat Cave
This is so simple!! These are Martha Stewart's Bats, a couple of years ago I printed out the template to her bats and just traced and cut until my fingers were sore. Now! You can buy these paper bats already made at Michael's. I have saved mine from year to year, and it didn't cost me a thing. We put them at the end of our hallway then added some spider webs (of course) and last year we made a huge Spider Web, just by tieing jute twine in the right shape. I hung spider webs from the ....spider web, to make them hang down in your face.



Have an old set of curtains? Or want a new set....try this! A little red poster paint, a little scissor treatment and voila! Curtains right out of a murder scene!


Also you can get these little plastic ants at the dollar store, 50 for a buck or something! So tiny but they make a huge difference.They look awesome crawling up your walls, put a little sticky tac underneath and stick them to the wall. Try staggering them a bit to make it look like real ants, Or make them carry a severed finger across your table.

If you are having a Halloween Party I'm going to assume you are having cupcakes!...am I right? Try my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes & Here are some FREE Printable Cupcake Wrappers to make them a little festive.
Another Great Free Printable I came across, Pumpkin Stencils! These ones are the traditional pumpkin faces, so cute! If your kids are anything like my daughter, they don't understand the greatness of a traditional Jack-o-lantern face and opt more for difficult patterns and characters. So here are a couple Free Disney Patterns too to help you out.

Well that's it for now, if I come across anything else cool Ill be sure to post it on my fb or twitter. Our Halloween Party is Saturday night, I'm not done decorating yet...but when I do Ill share all the pictures with you. Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment