Monday, September 26

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Lets start this week off right! With CHOCOLATE! This flourless Chocolate Cake recipe is so rich and delicious its the perfect way to start a sunny Monday morning. I made these cakes for Sunday dinner I was bored annnnd I wanted to try a new and different recipe to share. Its the recipe out of the " Delicious Disney Desserts" recipe book, I've had this book for 2 years now and I think I've only ever made 2 recipes...but like I've said a million times I wasn't much of a Baker until this year.
When your ganache isnt thick enough and you use sugar in your tins...you come out with this delicious mess.



The cake itself turned out great, it was super easy and its pretty impressive. One thing I did do, was spray the tin with non-stick spray and then coated them with Sugar so they wouldn't stick. So when I was pouring my ganache over the cakes it looked lumpy because of the sugar. I think they would be fine (and look a million times better)  if you JUST sprayed the pan.
DON'T DO THIS!!


Also, my ganache wasn't quite thick enough so next time I would add a little more chocolate, then the recipe calls for. Needless to say my flourless cakes didn't LOOK that impressive (it was a first try) but they tasted amazing!


Flourless Chocolate Cake

1 c butter, cut in small pieces
1 c dark chocolate chips
1/3 c cocoa
2 tbsp brewed espresso
2 tbsp hot water
6 eggs
1 c sugar
2 tbsp rum (I used dark)

Ganache
1 c heavy cream
1 c dark chocolate chips (I would an extra 1/4 c)

Preheat your oven to 325, and grease your muffin tins.

Combine butter and chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir until smooth.

Combine cocoa, espresso, and water in a separate bowl, stir until smooth and set aside.

Combine eggs, sugar, and rum in a large mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly, until light in color. Add cocoa-espresso mixture and stir. Then add chocolate mixture, whisk until smooth and creamy.

Pour batter into prepared muffin tins (almost to the top) and bake until cakes puff slightly and surfaces are set (not liquid) about 22-25 minutes.

Cool and refridgerate for at least 3 hours.


Ganache

In a pot, heat heavy cream until it just boils. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, whisk until smooth.

Serving

Remove cooled cakes from the mold, set a wire rack over a bowl and one by one pour the ganach over the cakes to cover them. Refridgerate until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment