Thursday, September 29

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

This is a very special and rare post!

Because I will be away next week and unable to take orders for Thanksgiving I am going to share a cupcake recipe!

 I will be sharing these cupcakes with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday and I hope you give them a try to share with your family as well. Of course I will be adding these cupcake to Bre's Cupcakes for anyone in Halifax that would like to order some after Thanksgiving. They won't replace the pumpkin pie at a Thanksgiving dinner, but they are definitely a good alternative for the Kids!


Martha Stewarts Pumpkin-Brown Butter Cupcakes
Makes 15 large cupcakes

3/4 c butter, must be butter not margarine
1 2/3 c flour
1/4 c fresh sage leaves, rolled up and chopped (optional)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 c canned pumpkin puree
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs

Preheat your oven to 325, and prepare muffin tins.

In a sauce pan melt the butter, over medium low heat. Add sage (if using, I didn't and they turned out perfectly and still delicious) Continue to cook until butter turns golden brown. Skim foam from the top of the butter and pour the butter into bowl to cool. Leave any sediment behind.

In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, and both sugars. Beat until light and smooth.Add brown butter and all dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.

Divide Batter evenly amoung lined cups, Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cupcakes can be frozen up to 2 months in an airtight container.
They are still delicious, even without icing!

Pumpkin Spice Cupcake, with Cream Cheese Icing


In the Martha Stewart recipe she tops it with Brown Butter Icing, I didnt think my husband and daughter would eat this so I just used Cream Cheese Icing. Tasted Divine! 

Also if you'd like to try another recipe for a fall inspired cupcake, check out this Blog Post By my Almost-Sister-In-Law :) for Caramel Apple Cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment