Tuesday, January 17

Mommy Moment: Time Out Jar

I thought I'd take a second to share a quick Mommy Tip with all your fellow Moms. I originally came across this idea on a Blog found on Pintrest, the Blog was called "Play at home Mom". Now this woman is amazing, her playroom is a dream, the things she does with her kids are unreal, I have since visited her Blog multiple times. Today Charlee and I had a play date with one of our favorite little girls (and Moms!) and we did one of her Crafts with the girls. Window Art! A very easy, fun and quick (for those who have short attention spans when it comes to crafts!) craft! They turned out awesome!



One of Charlee's Beautiful Creations

So the other thing I found on this Blog was a thing called a Time Out Jar! Its a jar full of glitter, you shake and give to your munchkin (or yourself) when they are acting up. They are suppose to watch the glitter until it has all settled to the bottom of the jar, this usually takes about 4-5 minutes (with this particular 'recipe', you can add more glitter glue for longer reflection times). Just enough time for the little one to calm down and relax and its something other than just sitting in a corner or on a chair. Give it a try!

When I went back to Play At Home Mom I couldn't find the Time Out Jar post, so I googled it and found another Mom with the same post, so here it is... 


Charlee's Timeout Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment