Thursday, January 26

Oreo Layer Dessert

It seems like a long time since I did a recipe post, so I'm doing this one for YOU GUYS!! Pintrest, my ultimate weakness since December, led me to this divine recipe. Sad thing about it, I'm lactose intolerant so I cant even enjoy a big honkin' bowl of it. *sad face* Anyway I had a tiny taste while I was assembling juuuust to make sure it was as good as it looked.

 Ill be doing a compilation of recipes, some mine, some new, for the Superbowl! So you'll have to check back for those if you're entertaining or attending a Superbowl party. This might be a good one to use What sports loving man doesn't enjoy a good Chocolate overdose?
Tastes way better than it looks. Its not one of those Fancy-Smancy Desserts thats for sure


Oreo Layer Dessert
1 pkg of regular Oreos
1/2 c of melted butter (I only used about 1/3 c)
1 LRG box of instant chocolate pudding (the one that takes 3 cups of Milk)
2 --8 oz containers of Cool Whip
8 oz. of cream cheese, softened (thats 1 block)
1 c icing sugar

Look at these ingredients, you just KNOW its going to be good.


1}.  Prepare Chocolate Pudding according to package, and let set up in the fridge.If you're using half Dream Whip Topping, prepare this too and let set up in the fridge.
Ever notice EVERY time you make Chocolate pudding it ends up Everywhere?!?

I gave Charlee the rolling pin and she smashed up the cookies.


2}.  Put all the cookies in a food processor (recommend) or a ziploc bag, and smash the living daylights out of them :) Pour them into a 9x13 pan (but save 1/2 c, or so for the top) and pour the melted butter over top, mix with your hands then spread over the bottom of the pan to form a "crust". Chuck it in the fridge for a bit while you're getting the other stuff done.

3}. Cream your Cream Cheese until smooth, then add in your 1 cup of icing sugar. Blend. Add 1 tub of Cool Whip and mix all that goodness together.

4} Take the crust, and the pudding out of the fridge, spread the chocolate pudding over the crust (layer 1) then spread the cream cheese mixer over the pudding (layer 2). I added a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping about here....Then layer your 2nd tub of cool-whip (or bowl of dream whip) on top of that.
Everything is better with caramel drizzle ok!

5} Sprinkle with the 1/2 c of Oreo Crumbs you saved, and maybe a little more of that Caramel (or chocolate) sauce.

Cover and put in the fridge until you're ready to serve.

Tonight my parents are coming for supper because Hubby and I are going to The Trews Concert!!! Very excited! So Im making Rachael Ray's Chicken Stew With Biscuits, the recipe on my Recipe Sharing Post, which is a hugely popular post! Then I thought I'd make this little treat for them as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment