Sunday, August 7

Busy Week & Sugar Cookies {w/ recipe}

Ohhhh Myyyyyy!! What a busy busy week and weekend we had here at the Cyr residence. Between soccer, basketball and party preparations I am glad to see a new week come! The rain held off for our outdoor party today, the sun may have peeked through the gloom for 2 minutes... but the kids didn't care and Charlee got her outdoor party.

Instead of trying to organize games for outside, we just brought a soccer ball, lots of bubbles, ring toss game and of course the amazing Purple Pug Waterbombs! For the treat bags we did a little scavenger hunt as something to do and the kids LOVED it! 


 I have to give a huge thank-you to everyone who came today, we had a great day. Also a big thank-you to the other Cyr's, The Strows and The MacLeods for helping me set up and tear down and keep everything under control. Despite being under the weather, Bethany MacIsaac (of Bethany McIsaac Photography )came out and snapped some pictures of the party for us, I can't wait to see them! And I hope she is resting now to feel better! All in all it was great and I'm so glad that everyone was able to make it out to celebrate our little Grown-Up Princesses 4th Birthday! There will be a full party post coming this week of course.

So last week along with many other party preparations we made some sugar cookies, actually Lemonade Sugar Cookies. Charlee loves Lemonade and lemon flavored anything, shes that 1 out of 100 kids that LOVES the yellow suckers.

In the past I have had some trouble with sugar cookie recipes, almost to the point that I wanted to never make them again. So much work only to be trying to roll them out and the dough cracking or sticking...ugh. I have shared this recipe before and I have had success with it again last week, so I decided to re-share my favorite recipe

To make them Lemonade Sugar Cookies I added a little Lemonade Extract. I used the Lorann Oils Brand of Lemonade. This recipe made enough cookies for Charlee's Birthday and there was enough to store away in the freezer for another day. This was also my first attempt at using the "Flooding" Technique for decorating, I think I'll stick to Cupcakes. =)


Lemonade Sugar Cookies, Jessie Style.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet shout out! You have been one very busy chick:)

    ReplyDelete