Monday, August 8

The Cookie with 100 Names

Ok here's another long lost, "old fashioned" recipe for ya! For some reason the pouring rain here in Halifax reminded me of these cookies. I don't think its really an Old Fashioned recipe but they've been around FOREVER and I used to make them with my mom when I was just a wee one. So they are Old Fashioned to me.

Whether you call them Spider Cookies {how they were known in our house}, Haystacks, Chocolate Macaroons, or Frogs these cookies are always good! and so so easy! I whipped these up while Tyler and Charlee were putting together her Hungry Hungry Hippos Game and had the first game.  We all played a few games while they were cooling, then sat down with Milk and Spider Cookies. Made for a great family evening. So lets get to it shall we, the recipe!





Spider Cookies

2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
1/2 c margarine
1/2 c cocoa
pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in a medium pot and on medium heat.
 Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 5 minutes; at a rolling boil.
Remove from Heat stir in:
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 c rolled oats
1 c flaked coconut

Drop by spoonfuls on parchment lined trays, allow to cool.

 What were these cookies called in your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment