Tuesday, February 7

Valentine Votive Holders


Sadly I found this Picture on Pintrest...My Name is Bre and Im a Pintrest addict.




So I went on a Pintrest Binge last night and this morning...last thing I did before bed last night, PINNED....first thing I did this morning (after feeding Binks and making coffee of course)...PINNED! Yikes....this is getting out of control. BUT! I did find a tip on how to make my crappy dishwasher work better, on Pintrest, and then actually DID IT. Ill keep you posted on how it works.


When I finally pulled myself away from Pintrest, Charlee wanted to decorate for Valentine's Day. So I went and pulled out all the little things we had to put up around, then realized "this isn't enough!". Back to Pintrest! oh god.


Here is what I found! Mason Jar Votive Holders, they look super cute as a centerpiece when they are bundled together. Different sizes would be adorable, but I only had 1 size jar on hand so this is what I ended up with.




All you need:
  • mason jars
  • sm. doillies
  • fabric (or scrapbook paper would work too)
  • thin ribbon or twine
  • tape or glue
  • votives
Cut hearts out of your fabric or paper, I used fabric because I had some end scraps laying around.
Glue or tape the doilie to the jar. Tape the heart in the center of the doilie.

Wrap your twine or ribbon around a few times and tie with a bow.

Drop a votive down in the jar and light it up for a romantic centerpiece. You can add some sand or coarse salt in the bottom of the jar to raise the candle up a little bit and make it easier to light.


I used tape so I could use the mason jars again after Valentines Day. Maybe revamp these only with a country theme to match my kitchen, hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment