Tuesday, May 3

Cupcake Portfolio... Fondant

So today I spent the day in the kitchen....First thing this morning I tried out a new white cake recipe...fail! I think I figured out that the recipe calls for too much flour. They are fluffy and feel moist to the touch, then you bite into one....DRRRYYYYY! So anyway I took advantage of this cupcake failure! I made a batch of butter cream and a batch of fondant and went to work practicing decorating cupcakes. So ignore the cupcakes and focus on the decor!

Came up with a few different designs that I was happy with but I still need lots of practice, especially bows. 

 Bridal Shower or just a Girly Birthday


Probably use this for almost any occasion you were celebrating.

top view of Daisy Cupcake


Paired with another design to personalize for the occasion
Baby Shower; can be personalized for Boy or Girl
Baby shower, Outdoor Birthday
Buzz Buzz!

Another Bee, this was one of the first cupcakes I did today so its a little sloppy but the idea is still there. Could pair this with a lady bug cupcake and a cupcake caterpillar
 Tame Bachelorette Cupcakes or Diva Birthday

Charlee's Favorite! Ice Cream Cupcake could be used for any occasion this summer!
So today was a busy but productive day (in the cupcake aspect of my house) . Between baking, making icing and fondant, coloring icing and fondant 8 different colors and creating some cupcakes. Only to then clean up my huge mess, do a mini cupcake photo shoot, upload and edit the pictures and finally ....finally Blog about it all and be able to share it with you...Oh yes, all the while being a mom. =)  It was a good day in my kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. omg the bows are soo cute! And the bees! Too much cuteness!

    ReplyDelete