Friday, May 6

Vanilla Cupcakes

FOUND ONE!!!! I finally have a good recipe for making vanilla/white cake! After trying a couple different recipes over about 2 months I finally found one that is moist, light and tastes good! 10 points if you can guess where I found it.... ole Martha never fails! So why didn't I start with her recipe for Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes in the first place you ask? Well for some reason I had it in my head that I HAD tried it before and it didn't turn out, and who knows I might have before the time of the magical Kitchen Aid.

yellow buttermilk cupcakes, with cinnamon cream cheese filling and butter cream

Bre's Cupcake Tip!
 I have probably mentioned this in a blog post before, but just in case....Instead of running out and buying a liter of buttermilk that is just going to go bad in your fridge...you can use 1 c milk + 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice, stir and let sit for 5 minutes. This is all I used to use when making cupcakes for us at home, has always worked fine for me.

Tomorrow night I am going to a friends place for a PartyLite Party so I made sure to make a dozen cupcakes in pretty liners. In order to make them a little more tempting I decided to try filling them with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese filling. I found the recipe in Wilton's "Cupcake Fun" magazine/book hubby picked up at Walmart for me for $6 or something. Its a pretty neat little magazine to flip through, I love that it has recipes and templates for different cupcake designs. Again the recipe is halved, I only had teeny cupcakes.

The wilton magazine


Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 c icing sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp milk (I used 1 and a little bit)

refridgerate until ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment