Wednesday, May 18

Oreo Squares

I never make squares, EVER! With the exception of Rice Krispie treats every once in awhile. As you know...I'm a cupcake girl. When I was doing some research for the Baby Shower Menu I stumbled upon these Oreo squares, exactly like Rice Krispie squares...only way way better. So quick and easy too!


In the recipe I found it said to melt the marshmallows in the microwave, which wouldn't have been a problem except it called for large marshmallows....next time I'll be doing it on the stove if I'm using large marshmallows. Small marshmallows work great in the microwave though! Remember only 30 second intervals!! It doesn't take long to have a disaster on hand.
They don't look like much...but they are absolutely delicious!

Marshmallow Oreo Squares

1 350g box of Oreo Cookies
1/4 c margarine or butter
5 c large marshmallow
(THAT'S IT!!)

Empty the cookies into a food processor and pulse until ground. OR If you have some frustrations from the week empty into a large Ziploc bag, grab your rolling pin and...well you know what to do! =) 

Melt together marshmallows and margarine until puffed, either in the microwave or on the stove. Add the smushed Oreos and stir until combined. Put into a greased 8x8 pan and let set for about 1 hour or until firm. You can speed this up by putting them in the fridge of course. Cut, taste test, and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I bet these are delish - I can't wait to try them! I love that they are super easy! We're having a get-together this Sunday after the Bluenose, so I'm totally adding these to the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these on Thursday - they are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete