Monday, July 11

100 + Cupcakes

...and finally done! For having so many cupcakes to do all with very different themes, it went very well (in the kitchen). Because Im just getting going with the whole cupcake business, this was definitely the most cupcakes I've had in my kitchen...and dining room...at one time. I loved it.

It has been pretty hot the past couple days and that really turned out to be a problem with the cupcakes  made with the fish toppers. I decided to try making Marshmallow Buttercream...tasted good...doesn't like our summers here in Halifax. I was on my way out of town and thought I could meet halfway with the cupcakes...bad bad idea. They were in the car for 30 minutes TOPS...the icing was all melting off them. The suckers were starting to melt and the fins were starting to come off. Yeah it was hot, but I had also made other cupcake and the icing stayed on them just fine. Such a disappointing and plain crap feeling when you are delivering crap cupcakes. Lucky for me she's my best customer and I have known her for a little bit now, and she was very understanding...all the same... No more marshmallow buttercream!!!

So before the fiasco, in the kitchen, here is what the cupcakes looked like.

Learn how to make these adorable toppers here, from MyCakeSchool



Fish Toppers!


The Orange ones were my favorite, they looked the cutest





Horse Theme Cupcakes for a 12th Birthday Party


Some horse shoes just hanging out in the grass






Along with these cupcakes I had an order for 2 dozen Bachelorette Cupcakes! I also tried 2 new flavors while I had the extra batter around. First one was a cookie dough cupcake, second one was Cherry Vanilla (which is one of my personal favorites so far) If you are going to be eating them right away, they went really well with the marshmallow buttercream.
These Cupcakes were for a Staff BBQ for the Dept Of Fisheries and Aquaculture

No comments:

Post a Comment