Tuesday, July 5

Wine and Cheese Party Recipes!

Hello All! Just thought it seems like its about time for a quick update of whats going on. Seems like the Summer is off to a good start, busy as usual. Last week was Canada Day and we went to take in some festivities with Charlee, went to see The Trews! My favorite band who also happen to be from my hometown so there are lots of reasons to love them. And Charlee also happens to love their music, she was so so excited to go see them she had a little "sleeps" countdown going.

The next day we celebrated A's Birthday (2 weeks late) with a BBQ and a mini "Wine and Cheese" theme. I am very saddened to say, I don't have any pictures of the wine and cheese stuff from that night...its been a crazy weekend and I my mind was just everywhere. BUT I will tell you about it...

The Wine and Cheese part was just an extra little snack for before and after our BBQ. And a big " 'tanks by" to Rod for helping out and shopping for me! =) Instead of going out and buying 7 or 8 different kinds of cheese and a couple different types of wine I went about it a little differently. I had a bottle of the white we usually drink (we don't like to differ too much) and I bought a bottle of Shiraz Rose for the Red, a very mild red. Paired the Shiraz with Romano and the Pinot Grigio with Brie (baked brie with brown sugar). Those were set out like the typical wine and cheese with wine cork tags I made myself


If you decide to make these, use pliers to hold the cork while you cut it. Exacto knives slip VERY easily and will cut through your finger nail....believe me. I have been one thumb texting for almost a week now...
For the rest of the Wine and Cheese Aspect I just made lots of things with Cheese! On the menu we had

--Mini Cheese Fondue with Pepperoni, Baguette, and a variety of crackers for Dippers
--Bruschetta Pizza (recipe to follow)
--Baked Brie with Brown Sugar
--Phyllo Cups with Cream Cheese and Red Pepper Jelly
--Fruit Skewers with Chocolate and Yogurt Dips
--Veggie Tray

The Decor was very simple because A insisted we didn't have a Birthday Party for her....yeah right!! So I made another Birthday Banner, and hung some felt garland.


Close up of the swirly details...

Birthday Banner, Plum Black and White Swirl

Felt Garland, Plum, Black and White
This week I have a few different orders for Bre's Cupcakes a horse theme, a Fish theme and some Bachelorette cupcakes (tis the season) all for Friday before I hit the road for the annual Highland Games in Antigonish this weekend.
Next week I have the open house for Bre's Cupcakes, complete with 10 different flavors of cupcakes. So I have a feeling I'll be doing a bit of baking. Also hoping to work with John in the near future to get Bre's Cupcake page fixed up and connected to Bre Entertains, virtually. 

Good thing I hit the Beach today to catch some rays, because there is a lot going on in the upcoming days. Better to be Busy then Bored! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment