Wednesday, March 16

Backtrackin....80's Party

We had this party in September 2010 for Bestie J's Birthday. This was a tough one, I had a lot of help from Mom, my MIL and of course A. I was only born in 87 so I had verrryy limited ideas on what a party in the 80's would be, to me 80's was neon colors and bad music...I had a lot to learn. We did a lot of research and this is what we came up with...

Pacman was huge in the 80's and I love cup cakes!

Nintendo controller...This is the first cake I ever piped

I apologize for the pictures, I didn't anticipate blogging about these parties. I'll be more careful with my photography with my future parties, promise!

Cheesy Photo-Op, painted this sign and hung it with a solid color bed sheet.
Some way back treats, of course we hit up The Freak Lunch Box for some of these
These neon cut-outs were all over, and very hard on the eyes.
Life size pacman wall, cut out of recycled cardboard and painted.



Trip down memory lane! Remember these things?

Thats right! That is a NKOTB "chandelier"...Made by A! Fashioned out of NKOTB collectors cards I found in a box of my old stuff at my parents house.



 
Tetris Door, just construction paper squares strategically placed
 We asked everyone to dress in 80's wear, and we weren't disappointed! We had exercise chicks and Michael Jackson, it was a good laugh. Luckily for us girls, I still had my Crimper from when I was young. So we slapped on as much blush and crazy eye shadow as we could manage and went to town fluffing our hair. Here is the final product...
Me and my besties in full 80's wear. In case you haven't noticed, 80's attire is back in full force! So we were able to buy all of our costumes brand new! Mainly at Walmart and Ardene's
Happy Birthday J!

No comments:

Post a Comment