Friday, March 25

Chocolate Mint Cupcakes with Mint Butter Cream

Oh yes...you read it right! Chocolate Mint Cupcakes! So the other day Bestie J tags me in this random picture of a cupcake on FB. I was confused but she's preggers so I assumed it was a hint for her latest craving. (haha) So I went on the hunt for a recipe, looked at a few different ones online here and there. Guess where I found this one? Good ole faithful Martha Stewart Cupcakes! It is officially my new favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, if you want them plain chocolate simply leave out the mint extract! They were a huge hit with the family last night, so fingers crossed the ladies will enjoy them too. 

Here are the ones I made for tomorrow nights Cocktail Party!
Topped with York Peppermint Patties

Just use your favorite chocolate cake recipe and add about a tsp of peppermint extract to the batter before spooning into a lined baking pan.
When my cupcakes came out of the oven looking like this I was SO excited!


So once your cupcakes are all cooked and cooled you can eat them as is, or do like I did and pipe Wilton's Buttercream on them using a large star tip. I added about 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract and tinted my icing "mint" green. 

Using a knife dipped in HOT water I carefully cut each Peppermint Pattie into 1/4's and stuck it into the side of the icing. Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment