Thursday, March 10

Big Girl Room!

My task for this week/month  is to redo my daughters room. Its pretty much been the same since we did it for her nursery, with the addition of A LOT of Disney Princess things, when she switched to her toddler bed. But this is the big change over! and a big step for momma!

Finally after 3 1/2 years was able to go through all her clothes, and I mean ALL, and donate most of it. Went from 12 diaper boxes, a big rubbermaid, and 2 small under the bed containers down to 1 rubbermaid and 2 under the bed containers. I was able to donate 3 blue bags to charity and gave a giant box and a blue bag to a friend with a little girl just younger than Charlee. IT FELT SO GOOD!! Then we took down all the pictures, wall decals and scrubbed all the walls! Charlee dusted while I scrubbed. Got rid of her Disney Princess Toy box and got her one of those cube organizers, which we both love!



My clean slate!




Now that the boring stuff is over with I can finally move on to the fun stuff within the next week! Started yesterday by organizing toys into rubbermaid drawers, a great and cost effective tool in organizing a kids room. You can get them in all different colors and sizes.
Just printed pictures off the net and glued them to a black background, keeps thing organized and in one place! Art supplies in the top drawer, LPS collection in the middle and puzzles in the bottom!




Today I started refinishing a side table MY Dad made when he was in highschool, pretty much an antique! (haha he wouldnt appreciate that) Its going to go in Charlee's room as a bedside table. I'll paint it to match her headboard and dresser, antique black.






Phase 1


No comments:

Post a Comment