Thursday, March 3

Cupcakes!

Every party needs a cake...or in my case CUPCAKES! I love cupcakes I think they are sooo adorable, way easier than a cake and they always get eaten! You ALWAYS end up throwing out at least 1/4 of a cake, of which Im not a fan.

I never really enjoyed baking much, but this year for Christmas my parents gave me a Kitchen Aide mixer...talk about the greastest gift ever!! So im learning to be more patient with my baking, as of right now I usually use a mix (always miss betty for this gal).

One of my personal goals for this year is to find and perfect a white cake recipe that I can use for cupcakes. (ill keep ya posted on that one) Recently I was introduced to Smitten Kitchen, if you've never heard of it...you must go check it out. Tons of amazing recipes for everything, including homemade poptarts...yum! My cousin posted pictures of these Rootbeer Float Cupcakes which is now my all time favorite chocolate cake recipe. They are as good as they look..trust me!
Icing is always Wilton Buttercream...always! Its easy, everyone loves it, and its easy to work with...need I say more?

Wilton Butter Cream Icing
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening
2 tbsp milk
4 cups icing sugar
*for spreading add 1-2 tbsp corn syrup.





Chicken Themed Party..yes..chicken themed

Made with Besties A and J


80's Party

I Love looking at these next two pictures together..Both were cupcakes for friends little girls, both pink and brown...months apart. One batch of icing was made with an electric hand mixer, and one batch was made with the new kitchen aid. Check it out.


Without Kichen Aid
With Kitchen Aid

No comments:

Post a Comment