Thursday, March 17

Happy St Patty's Day!

Well lets face it, it would be silly if I didn't make cupcakes for St Patrick's Day! I wasn't really in the mood to make fondant this week, so I went for the taste factor instead of the looks this time.

I used a mix....BUT! recently I found this set of recipes that were "doctored" cake mixes! So today I made French Vanilla Dream Cupcakes! So easy, and doesn't taste exactly like a mix. So here's the recipe...

Dream Cupcakes Recipe 

1 yellow or French Vanilla Cake mix (I used betty crocker)
1 pkg powdered DREAM whip topping
4 eggs
1 c water

Mix it all together, bake according to directions on the box.

So easy, and believe me...they are delicious. The only thing you have to be sure of is that the cake mix is one that would make a 2 layer cake. The regular Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines mixes are. If your using a different brand, it will say on the box.

So while they were cooking and cooling, I started digging in my recipe drawer for an icing idea or recipe...ended up using good ole faithful "Martha Stewart Cupcakes" (awesome shower gift for someone, thank you Gale!)  Keeping with the occasion I used the St Patrick's Day recipe for icing...."Bailey's Irish Cream Icing" mmmmmm, so here it is...

Bailey's Irish Cream Icing (halved)

3/4 c unsalted butter
2 c icing sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Whip all ingredients together until smooth. I added Wilton "Kelly Green" gel paste food coloring to make it green for my cupcakes.


Then I piped the icing onto the cupcakes! Done! I made mini cupcakes because my husband (and most of my friends) is on a diet. They are more likely to eat them, if they are bite size. Plus they are a good size for a treat for my 3 year old. 

Finished Product




Yesterday I made fought with some sugar cookies...They were suppose to be shamrocks, but it wasn't working and I was fed up with them...so they became stars. Today because I only made mini cupcakes half a batch of icing was more than enough to do 2 dozen. So...the sugar cookies now have icing too!


Happy St Patrick's Day All!

1 comment:

  1. id say screw those silly people on a diet. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete