Monday, March 28

Cocktail Party

I have two very exciting things to share! First one...I'm going to be updating the look of my blog pretty soon! In exchange for planning her Birthday a friend of mine, April,  is going to design a blog banner and a couple buttons for me. Very very excited to see how it all turns out, and so far having a blast doing research for her party. Check out her site HERE!

Exciting piece of news #2....Cocktail Party was awesome! It went smoothly and I think its safe to say everyone had fun. We had A LOT of laughs! Great girls night in for sure! Soo...here it is!

Food Table

This was the main food table, very simple but everyone seemed to love it! So easy to do too, which is always great. 
Starting from the left we had "Sweet & Salty Kettle Popped Popcorn" put into paper cones. I just used scrapbooking paper to make those and found a template online HERE, at another party blog the Hostess with the Mostess! (be sure to look around her site too, she has some pretty cool stuff). 

Next to the popcorn is the Veggie Shots. I had those shot glasses from our wedding a couple years ago, we had a signature shot and decided we would keep a few of the glasses just in case. Glad we did! We purchases them on kijiji originally for fairly cheap. Those "risers" are just empty boxes I kept just for this occasion and wrapped up with matching wrapping paper, just to add a little something to the table.

The label templates I purchased on Etsy for $2, it was my very first Etsy purchase! And I know they will be used many many times! I used them twice on this party alone.

On the next "riser" is the Rocky Road Parfaits I posted the recipe for. Cute and Easy.


In the middle was the Cream Cheese and Red Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups. They were the fan favorite snack! 

A Must for your next party!

To the far right was the Chocolate Mint Cupcakes With Mint Buttercream. Someone actually thought I ordered them from a bakery!!! I couldn't believe it, the comment made my night for sure. Just below the cupcakes are my favorite Ginger Cookies.

As for the decor on the table...in total it probably cost me less than $10. 


Then I set up a "Bar" area on the kitchen hutch. Again the labels template I purchased on Etsy came in handy for making labels for the Spritzers. Printed them on Scrapbook paper, cut a little slit for ribbon and made a tag. 

Passionate Peach Mango and Sexy Strawberry Kiwi Spritzers for mix or those DD's and Pregnant Ladies. =)  The sexy names because it was a Sexy Girl Party.
I already had these wine glasses, bought them a couple years ago 16 in a box for $20. Steal!! They always come in handy. I also had those drink markers already but I think they were about $9 and you get 12 different Colors. Everyone had their own color so there were no drink mix ups! 

I provided one drink for everyone at the cocktail party Champagne Punch. It was very tasty and long gone by the end of the night.

I forgot to take a picture of the centerpiece I had in the living room where the Sexy Girl Party took place. It was 2 martini glasses with pink jelly beans in the bottom holding up tea lights. Then I had a black feather boa wrapped around the bottom. I had a couple dishes of jelly beans and a veggie tray in the living room as well, for people to pick at during the party. 

All in all it was a success, I had a great time and I hope that everyone that attended did as well. And Thank-You to all the great ladies that attended! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment